PARISH OF OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS

SALTASH

About Saltash

Our Lady of the Angels, Bishops Close, New Road, Saltash, PL12 6HQ

The Parish of Our Lady of the Angels began when French Franciscans opened a chapel in Saltash in 1884. The Franciscans left in 1896 and the property was purchased by the Diocese. When that building became unsafe in the 1940’s due to war damage, the parish was able to use the chapel ( built in 1935) at the Good Shepherd Convent in the town and then went on to buy that chapel when the Sisters left Saltash in 1959. This chapel was replaced with a new Church completed in 2007, becoming the Parish Church, now with Mass Centres at Liskeard, Sclerder Abbey and Torpoint.