PARISH OF OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS

SALTASH

About Liskeard

Our Lady and St Neot, 2 West Street, Liskeard, PL14 6BW

Church of Our Lady & St.Neot.

This was the first Church in the Diocese to be built after the 1829 Catholic Emancipation Act. Sir Harry Trelawney became a Catholic and his French chaplain, Fr.Oleron bought a house in Liskeard in 1830 for use as a place of worship and a school. In 1863, due to the influx of Irish miners the present building was added alongside the original church.